CURSOS DE INGLÉS PARA PROFESORES
The overall aim of the course is to support teachers who are just entering bilingual programmes in primary and secondary schools in Spain, or who recently became part of such programmes but who have only limited training in a methodology appropriate to CLIL (Content and Language Integrated Learning).
Specific aims include:
- Exploring the multi-faceted nature of CLIL and of its relationship to the 'programas bilingües' currently running in Spain.
- Presenting an internationally recognised planning protocol that will allow participants to prepare classes suited to their own CLIL teaching situations.
- Presenting a mechanism for determining the difficulty of tasks used in CLIL based on an analysis of their cognitive and linguistic demands.
- Introducing and evaluating ways of scaffolding content learning in CLIL classrooms.
- Introducing and evaluating ways of supporting target language learning in CLIL classrooms.